Become a Real Estate Agent
We're Serious about Your Success
If you are a goal-driven, service-oriented entrepreneur who is serious about taking your career to the next level, then joining a Coldwell Banker office is the right choice. Coldwell Banker Sales Associates are supported with access to leading education programs, systems and tools that will provide you and your customers an advantage throughout the real estate process. Here, you will be more than just a real estate agent; you'll be a well-trained real estate professional.
Let’s Get Started!
State of Iowa Requirements
- The State of Iowa requires a 60 hour pre-license course prior to taking the license examination
- A fingerprint back ground check with the State and FBI
- Errors & Omissions Insurance
- A sponsoring broker
- Passing the license exam prior to applying for a Real Estate License
The Real Estate Commission Requirements
- An additional 36 hours (3 specific 12 hour classes on Buying, Listing and Developing Professionalism and Ethical Practices)
The first step is the pre-license course which is available through our real estate school. Follow this direct link to the course registration with our online partner, REcampus.
CLICK HERE to begin 60 hour pre-licensing course.
The next step is the 36 hours of class room study, 3 specific 12 hours classes that can be taken in any order. They are offered six times per year through Mid-America School of Real Estate.
CLICK HERE and scroll to Pre-License Classes to register.
- Developing Professionalism and Ethical Practices
Fingerprint Back Ground Check
All initial salesperson and broker applicants are required by The Real Estate Commission to undergo a background check. This includes those licensing by exam, reciprocity and Rule 5.3, as well as salespersons converting to brokers. Also, anyone who is reinstating a license that has been expired for more than 3 years must complete the process. This process takes approximately 4-8 weeks. Once the Real Estate commission receives the background check, it is valid for 210 days.
CLICK HERE to start the process.
Interested in joining Coldwell Banker? CONTACT US HERE!
Gregory S. Brockman, Director of Professional Development | Mid-America School of Real Estate
(515) 224-8523 or Careers@cbdsm.com